Tuesday, December 3, 2013

September randoms

We met some friends at the outlet mall that is just 20 minutes away from our house one day.  They have a fun little playground and splash pad in the middle of the shopping area for the kids to play.  I forgot to bring swim suits for my kids, but they didn't seem to mind getting soaked in their clothes.





We watched cousin Vinnie for a couple days while Mike and Camille went to Las Vegas for the weekend to celebrate their anniversary.  He was a gem of a guy and loved watching whatever Brooklyn and Jake did.  We took him just on our usual activities, music class, the grocery store, the park, on walks, to church, and he went along happily.  I put him in our pack n' play in our closet to sleep and he did great.  I didn't know it at the time that I was pregnant, but thought I could be, and after watching Vin it made me think that I may just possibly be able to handle three on my own, if they are as good as him.  We skyped with Mike and Camille each night and the second night we did Vinnie got sad.  It was me sad, yet it was SO cute because I could tell he knew them and missed them.




Brooklyn loves "pre-school" each week and asks me every day if she gets to go.  Every 4 weeks it is at our house, 3 other little boys come over, and they have a good time playing with each other.  The mom's try to teach them a letter each week, which lasts about 5 minutes, plus they have snack time, and then just play. 
Brooklyn and the boys playing with play doh.


I usually don't let kids in John and I's bedroom, but this day they were playing super heroes and I tied a blanket around each of them as a cape.  They got on our bed and were laughing and having the best time.  I couldn't tell them to get down.  So instead I just watched and took a few pictures.




Jake minds his own business and plays nicely during pre-school.

I watched my friend Alyssa's two younger kids all day one day while she was in Utah for her siblings wedding.  Her little girl and boy are my kids ages, so they had fun playing together.

It was still nice and hot so they played outside in our little pool for a long time.



Kelsi and Brooklyn




John turned 30 on the 27th.  I was lame and didn't do anything too exciting for him.  He opened his presents that night when he go home from school and we had friends over for cake and ice cream.




 Vinnie was with us on John's birthday.


4 comments:

  1. That is so nice that you watched Vinnie for Camille & Mike. I bet he was in heaven with your two kids. Sounds like you have been busy! I am still waiting to see a post about your new house!!! Hope John had a good 30th Bday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute pics of your kids. glad you're back in the blogging world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! You have been extremely busy. Vinnie looks like he's in heaven hangin' out with you guys! 3 here you come!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you're back! Keep posting! That was seriously the nicest thing you could have done, I love these pictures. He looks like your 3rd. You are actually on your 4th. :)

    ReplyDelete